Yoga Classes with Karen Clarke
A comprehensive yoga program that includes yoga philosophy, breathing techniques (pranayama), yoga postures (asana), concentration and meditation techniques, and deep relaxation to integrate body, mind and spirit.
Practice includes a variety of foundational postures (standing, seated and on the floor) that focus on balanced alignment and includes breathing techniques, yoga philosophy, mediation and deep relaxation. Individual attention and variations are given as much as possible within the class situation.
CHAIR YOGA FOR EVERY BODY
Are you interested in Yoga but not interested in getting onto the floor? Then this class is for you! Every body can do Yoga using chairs for sitting and standing: individuals who need to support for balance and safety; individuals recovering from illness or injury or have problems with knees and hips; or for anyone interested in learning more ways to improve balance, strength, and flexibility. This fun class offers a balanced approach for strength and flexibility, breath work and meditation. And we do serious work, always adapted to the needs of each person.
Adults - all ages, levels and abilities welcome.
ALL LEVELS YOGA
For all levels, especially beginners. Enjoy the calm, peace, and self-acceptance of yoga no matter what shape you’re in. Karen's gentle approach infuses her classes with humor, humility and warmth as she invites you to go at your own pace using props and modifications that provide an accessible yoga experience for everybody.
INSTRUCTOR: Karen O'Donnell Clarke, E-RYT500 Certified Yoga Therapist, Advanced certifications from Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, Integrative Yoga Therapy & Yoga of the Heart.
- Instructor: Karen O’Donnell Clarke, eRYT. Professional Yoga Teacher with certifications from Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, Integrative Yoga Therapy and Yoga of the Heart.
- Using a Goldilocks approach to yoga, students are invited to work each posture toward just the right level of effort, balancing between not too hard and not too easy.
- Register early as classes are very popular.
- Please bring yoga mat and a blanket.
- Recommended: Yoga mat, 2 yoga blocks, 1 blanket and 1 yoga strap (8 – 10 ft.)